IT architecture – how we may help you
Consulting in the area of creating and modernizing the enterprise architecture
Adjusting IT architecture to the IT strategy.
Mapping strategic objectives to the individual IT environment layers.
Guidelines for solution design – benchmarks and “technological bricks” or stacks to be used.
Designing the IT environment architecture
Analyzing the data flows and hardware-system interdependencies.
Analyzing the existing environment component utilization.
Drafting the recommended architecture and suggesting change requests.
Preparation of technology standards in the company
Analyzing the currently used software and hardware.
Identifying areas for viable standardization.
Preparing the standardization guidelines.
Solution architecture services
Requirement analysis for the solution as a whole.
Optimizing utilization of the existing IT environment components within the solution.
Drafting the solution architecture.
Application architecture design services
Application requirement analysis.
Optimizing utilization of the existing IT environment components.
Drafting the application architecture.
Supporting the IT Process Modeling in terms of ITIL practices
Analyzing current IT processes in the areas of: strategy, design and transformation of the services.
Documenting target processes in accordance with ITIL standard.
Preparing the transformation plan for processes.
The IT architecture organizes all the company’s IT resources and also facilitates the cost estimation, designing and adding further applications and hardware components.
During the process of drafting the IT architecture it is important to consider all the architectural layers: business strategy, business applications, data integration, security, infrastructural services and hardware-system infrastructure.
Linux Polska offers services on the 3-levels of IT architecture:
- enterprise architecture – covering the whole organization and oriented on achieving the business objectives;
- solutions’ architecture – including the method of implementation of the new solutions and the means of interaction between layers and components;
- applications’ technical architecture – describing the technical manner of application composition; used design paradigms; components’ division; utilized API’s, data transfers.
IT architecture – additional services provided by Linux Polska
Design, installation and configuration of high availability environments (HA)
Analyzing requirements for the efficiency and reliability of the IT environment.
Drafting the HA environment and planning its implementation.
HA environment installation and optimized configuration.
Recommendations for further operation.
IT resource migration to the cloud environments
Drafting the target architecture using cloud capabilities – including AWS, Azure, GCP options as well as private cloud ones.
Migration of the chosen IT assets.
Verifying and consistency checking of new IT environment.
Solution implementation in the hybrid cloud model
Drafting the hybrid cloud architecture.
Designing the data flows between the locations (public and private cloud or on-premises).
Installation and configuration of the IT resources needed.
Containerization in the cloud
Drafting and deploying architecture needed to deploy and use containerized applications in the production mode in the cloud of choice.
Migracja aplikacji i danych.
Applications and data migration.
Adjusting the service oriented architecture (SOA) to the cloud environment
Analyzing currently provided IT services.
Elaborating new service architecture adjusted to its cloud migration limitations and further development opportunities.
Application modernization readiness assessment.
Choosing the best operational strategy.
Preparing criteria to choose the best suited technologies, architecture designs and API use options.
Why implement a modern IT architecture
- Hardware limitations – low efficiency of the system operation within the existing infrastructure.
- Increased cost of systems and applications maintenance – high license and hardware replacement cost.
- Architecture constraints – problems in defining the requirements for new solutions and their cooperation with the existing IT environment.
- Technological limitations – issues in providing compliance with the recently established technological requirements in the area of security, data flow optimization and interaction with other applications and external services.
- Organizational constraints – issues in identification of responsibility for low efficiency and an inadequate service quality.
IT architecture – technical benefits
- Management simplifying due to the reduction of the environment’s complexity.
- Systems’ stability improvement thanks to the faster identification of the root cause of the problems.
- Increased security through the increased transparency of the dataflow.
- Precise technical objectives for the new solutions.
- Efficient interaction between the applications and the infrastructure’s components.
IT architecture – business benefits
- Full control of the IT environment in line with the company’s strategic objectives.
- Controlling efficiency of particular IT areas.
- Identifying areas for further cost optimization initiatives.
- Providing an important tool for the business processes re-engineering (BPR).
- Improving the communication of the IT team with the board and the party responsible for the budget formation and control.
Why to work with us in IT architecture
We operate in accordance with our 3 competence pillars:
- deep knowledge of the IT architecture standards,
- experience in large systems’ migration to the new architectures,
- active participation in open source development and adoption.
Our approach to IT architecture design is based on multiple years of experience in Linux operating systems and open source software based solution development.
Experience in developing reliable and large-scale solutions
We have built the IT architecture for the largest companies from the financial, insurance and public administration sectors in Poland and internationally.
Open standards and development
We employ the open standards, ensuring our architectural solutions will be useful for many years. The new applications once developed will be able to use in full the advantages of openness, scalability and the complete data exchange with the other systems in the future.