The objective of the LP-SPL03 course is to provide participants with comprehensive knowledge in the field of construction, operation, principles of functioning, administration and creating data analysis using the Splunk system. All mentioned aspects of working with the Splunk system are discussed during lectures and supported by many practical exercises carried out in the AWS EC2 environment (Amazon Web Services Elastic Cloud 2).
lectures 40% + labs 60%
We place emphasis on practical skills.
This course is designed for experienced administrators, analysts and IT architects.
what will you learn
During the training, you will learn the basics of Splunk system operation as well as data processing and system configuration management.
Experience in configuration and administration of operating systems (preferred Linux) and basic knowledge on statistic is required.
- Office supplies (notebook and pen)
- Clients receive personalized certificates signed by Linux Polska
Outline for this course
- Splunk location in the enterprise architecture
- Operating principles of Splunk
- Splunk’s interface
- Basic concepts (event, source of events, etc.)
- Basics of the Splunk query language
- Basics of data modeling (extractions, models)
- Creating and configuration scheduled reports and alerts
- Building your own applications based on Splunk
- Security management in the Splunk system
- Splunk system’s technical architecture
- Data processing in Splunk
- Indexing configuration (creation, operation, archiving and parameterization of indexes)
- Distributed configuration management (use of UF and Deployment Server)
- Typical administrative problems along with solutions
- Introduction to statistics – statistical concepts in the Splunk environment
- Application of Splunk statistical functions (measures, data grouping)
- Data correlation
- Trend forecasting and analyzing (“predictive analytics”)
- Study of anomalies