The objective of the LP-SPL04 course is to provide students with knowledge about the Splunk platform as a tool to support the detection of anomalies, abuse and attempts to evade the law. The training program is based on realistic financial data and is carried out on virtual machines build on the Azure platform. Each virtual machine is prepared in order to meet workshops goals. Before each task, students receive sets of introductory slides and instructions illustrated with screenshots from the training application. In addition, the training application includes an extra screen with copy-paste instructions (if task requires it).
lectures 40% + labs 60%
We place emphasis on practical skills.
The course is designed, in particular, for specialist working in transaction banking and reporting.
what will you learn
During courses students use dedicated applications:
- AML Profiles – designed to detect anomalies in banking transaction
- JPK Analytics – designed to detecting anomalies in VAT returns.
Basic knowledge about regulations in the field of financial reporting including preventing money laundering and terrorism subject as well as new reporting standards (JPK file) is recommended.
- Office supplies (notebook and pen)
- Clients receive personalized certificates signed by Linux Polska
Outline for this course
The course focuses on knowledge transfer in the area of quantitative data analysis methods (including graph analysis), creating alerts on the Splunk platform and rules for recognition an event as an incident or anomaly.
Practical workshops and seminars embrace tasks such as:
- Splunk location in the enterprise architecture
- Operating principles of Splunk
- Splunk’s interface
- Basic concepts (event, source of events, etc.)
- Basics of the Splunk query language
- Basics of data modeling (extractions, models)
- Creating and configuration scheduled reports and alerts
- Building your own applications based on Splunk
- Security management in the Splunk system